heat monitoring
Patrick O. Fish
2002-05-14 04:43:27 UTC
I was unable to find anything that helped me in the archives.

I would like to monitor the heat of the system. All i know is that something
has to go in the kernel, and i must install a program.

Any ideas?

Jeff Jirsa
2002-05-14 04:54:40 UTC
Post by Patrick O. Fish
I was unable to find anything that helped me in the archives.
I would like to monitor the heat of the system. All i know is that something
has to go in the kernel, and i must install a program.
Any ideas?
/usr/ports/sysutils/consolehm

- Jeff

Patrick O. Fish
2002-05-14 04:55:15 UTC
Okay, that will work for the program, but I still have to add something into
my kernel.

apollo# chm
Failed to open /dev/smb0.
To Unsubscribe: send mail to ***@FreeBSD.org
Jeff Jirsa
2002-05-14 05:01:49 UTC
Post by Patrick O. Fish
Okay, that will work for the program, but I still have to add something into
my kernel.
apollo# chm
Failed to open /dev/smb0.
Kernel options:
controller smbus0
controller iicbus0
controller iicbb0
controller intpm0
device smb0 at smbus?

Or, try using the ISA bus:

# chm -I

- Jeff

George Patterson
2002-05-14 05:02:42 UTC
Try the -I switch.... though I am not getting the right motherboard temp here.. 255 degrees C does sounds little hot...

George Patterson

Patrick O. Fish
2002-05-14 05:05:09 UTC
Almost there..!

I entered those into the kernel, recompiled and rebooted
but i still get
apollo# chm
Failed to open /dev/smb0.
apollo#
Philip J. Koenig
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 22:01:49 -0700
controller smbus0
controller iicbus0
controller iicbb0
controller intpm0
device smb0 at smbus?
# chm -I
- - Jeff
When I look at the LINT file, the syntax above is not present.
Instead of the "controller" keyword, it uses the "device" keyword.

Could this be the problem?

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig ***@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium